Over Fall Break 2012, 10 undergraduate students from the University of Notre Dame traveled to Israel as part of a pilgrimage to the Holy Land sponsored by the Department of Theology. Several of the travelers, led by Professor Todd Walatka, are Theology majors and minors. Two students from the Department of Film, Television, and Theatre, Nicole Timmerman and Erin Moffitt, accompanied the group in order to film the experiences of these Notre Dame pilgrims.
One video focuses on the unique experience of pilgrimage and the spiritual and academic values of traveling to the Holy Land. The second video features students discussing their study of theology and how their experience with the Department of Theology has shaped their time at Notre Dame.
Learn More >
- Department of Theology
- The Department of Theology and Tantur
- Why major in theology?
- Related story: Students Take Learning on the Road and Around the World
- Department of Film, Television, and Theatre
- Watch pilgrimage video on Vimeo
- Watch theology video on Vimeo#
Originally published at theology.nd.edu.